I was in the mood for something sweet and chewy…
My go-to peanut butter cookie recipe adapted from Baking Blonde:
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/3 cups AP flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar (for covering dough balls before baking)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Using a large mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter and butter together until smooth.
3. Add both the sugars and mix until combined.
4. Add the egg and milk.
5. In a seperate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together.
6. Add to peanut butter mixture in 3 additions. Mix until just combined.
7. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes. This will prevent spreading and flat cookies.
8. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball with your hands.
9. Roll the dough balls in the white sugar until covered and place on baking sheet.
10. Carefully press each ball with a fork to make the characteristic crosshatch design.
11. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned and puffed.
12. Remove cookies from the oven and cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes.